What Is a Therapy Dog?
A Therapy Dog is a canine that has been trained to behave calmly and affectionately in public situations. Therapy dogs are typically registered with Therapy Dog organizations and may participate in animal-assisted therapy, facility visiting, and animal-assisted activities. Therapy dogs provide benefits to those who receive them through their work or program participation, and they can benefit people at home, too.
Trained Therapy Dogs for sale are not Service Dogs. They aren’t granted the same rights and access under the Americans with Disabilities Act. However, they’re trained to provide unwavering companionship to people of all ages.
If you’re wondering how to get a Therapy Dog, start an application with Rolling Meadows Academy of dog training today!
Why Do People Get Therapy Dogs?
Therapy dogs provide many benefits to those who work with them.
Their mere presence can have a calming effect on people, especially those nervous or anxious about situations like doctor’s visits, school examinations, and hospital visits. Unlike Emotional Support Animals, Therapy Dogs don’t require a doctor’s note to acquire.
People who suffer from depression may find either Therapy Dogs or Emotional Support Animals to be great listeners with an accepting nature.
Petting and brushing these animals are believed to lower blood pressure and reduce stress in a similar way to the benefits of massage therapy. Therapy dogs also provide a source of unconditional positive regard, which can be integral to healing from mental illnesses such as depression and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Some research has suggested that when people have animals to care for, they tend to put more effort into their physical health. This can lead to regular exercise, more nutritious diets, and regular visits with doctors.
Therapy dogs are also known for helping their owners engage in social activities by encouraging them to visit new places. For individuals who may be socially anxious or withdrawn, Therapy Dogs can help them become more likely to engage with others.
Therapy dogs provide many benefits that people would not be able to obtain from other pets. Often, they are seen as an extension of their owners; therefore, they encourage socialization and the development of relationships.
Wondering how to get a Therapy Dog? Rolling Meadows can help. Check out our client testimonials to learn more about our successful placements.
Physical Benefits of Therapy Dogs
- Beta-endorphin, beta-phenylethylamine, dopamine, oxytocin, prolactin, and serotonin are all hormones that a trained Therapy Dog for sale may boost.
- Encourages physical activity, with enhanced capabilities in activities where they were previously restricted.
- Decrease in blood pressure, heart rate, and the stress hormone cortisol.
- Enhancement of fine motor skills, standing balance, wheelchair, and other physical skills.
Mental Health Benefits of Therapy Dogs
- Trained Therapy Dogs for sale produce an increased sense of self-esteem and acceptance, allowing patients to continue participating in mental and physical treatment, participating more in group activities, and accepting social and emotional assistance.
- Increased socialization with an outward focus, including opportunities for laughter and a sense of well-being and happiness.
- Increased attention, verbal communication abilities, and mental stimulation.
- Decrease in depression, loneliness, feelings of isolation, and aggressive behaviors.
- Stress and anxiety, in particular, that caused by post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), will decrease.
How to Get a Therapy Dog: A Guide
Before you begin your search for a trained Therapy Dog for sale, here are some things to consider:
- What is your intention of owning a trained adult dog? Are trained Therapy Dogs for sale the right choice for you?
- Are you ready for the responsibility of owning a therapy animal?
- Do you have a plan for how often and how long the Therapy Dog will be visiting others?
- What is your experience with animals?
- Are you particular about the breed you want?
If you’re interested in how to get a Therapy Dog, here are some tips that may lead you in the right direction:
- Before you begin your search, you must understand how Therapy Dogs differ from other pets.
- Be sure to familiarize yourself with Therapy Dog organizations, how they work, and how they are trained.
- Find places that specialize in providing the best-trained Therapy Dogs for sale, like Rolling Meadows.
- If you’re ready to begin the search for your Therapy Dog, consider how you want to be involved in that animal’s life.
- Take a look at how Therapy Dogs can help you live a healthier life.
- Before you start your search, you must understand how Therapy Dogs differ from other pets. Are you in need of a Therapy Dog, Psychiatric Service Dog, or Emotional Support Animal?
If there’s one goal when adopting trained adult dogs, it should be to make sure the animal is well-trained, healthy, and can provide companionship in all situations. Therapy dogs are no exception.
If you’re looking for an exceptionally trained Therapy Dog for sale, trust Rolling Meadows Academy of Dog Training. Not only will we provide the companion of your dreams, but we can also provide information on how to get a Therapy Dog.
How to Get a Therapy Dog: 10 Ideal Dog Breeds
When looking for a trained Therapy Dog for sale, you should look for a calm, loyal, and docile dog. Plus, they must be excellent cuddle buddies! This criterion fits many different dog breeds, but some are more well-known than others.
Here are just 10 of the best breeds for Therapy Dogs to get you started:
- Golden Retriever
- Labrador Retriever
- German Shepherd
- Yorkshire Terrier
Unsure what breed to pick? No problem! The Rolling Meadows team will assess different breeds and find the perfect canine companion for you.
How to Get a Therapy Dog: Rolling Meadows Academy of Dog Training Process
At Rolling Meadows, our mission is to ensure that each person is matched with the perfect Therapy Dog. First, fill out an application and have a conversation with us about your specific needs.
All of our Emotional Support Animals and Therapy Dogs for Sale experience the following:
- Exposure to diverse environments and scenarios.
- Weekly professional grooming sessions promote hygiene and ensure that they’re comfortable and well-behaved when groomed.
- Regular vet visits to guarantee health and good behavior at the vet.
Once we understand what you’re looking for, the following steps will be taken to find the perfect trained Therapy Dog for sale:
- We’ll Find Your Trained Therapy Dog for Sale
The team at Rolling Meadows will find a dog that fits your specifications. All of our dogs are 1-4 years old and come in a range of sizes and breeds. Our experienced staff knows how to get a Therapy Dog that exceeds your expectations.
- Rolling Meadows Trains Your Dog
Each of our trained adult dogs participates in a thorough training program that ensures they’re well behaved, respond to desired commands, and fit perfectly into your lifestyle.
- We Deliver Your Therapy Dog
Rolling Meadows delivers dogs all around the United States and the world. A member of our team will help the dog acclimate to your home and ensure that you understand how to give commands before they depart.
Pet therapy is one form of animal-assisted intervention that interacts with animals to improve human health and well-being. A Therapy Dog is a beautiful way to improve your quality of life and give you a best friend for years to come.
Whether you’re looking for a Therapy Dog , Service Dog, or Emotional Support Animals, Rolling Meadows Academy of Dog Training is always ready to assist you in finding the perfect trained Therapy Dog for sale. If you’re wondering how to get a Therapy Dog, start by contacting us!