When you’re looking to buy a trained dog, there are many options available to you. However, choosing the right dog depends on a variety of factors. Are you simply looking for a house dog that can follow simple commands? Or are you seeking a trained companion dog with impeccable behavior and the ability to help with depression, stress, and trauma?
If you require the latter, a trained companion dog for sale is the perfect option for you. At Rolling Meadows Academy of Dog Training, our experienced team is dedicated to training fantastic dogs that fit into any family or situation.
1. What Are Trained Companion Dogs?
Trained companion dogs are educated to provide comfort and empathy during difficult or stressful periods in their owners’ lives, such as times of illness or bereavement, by being attentive companions who allow the owner to focus their attention on something other than their difficulties.
These kinds of dogs receive training to meet the needs of humans. They complete vigorous behavior training so that they can follow commands easily. Additionally, trained adult dogs are taught socialization skills to be comfortable around strangers and relaxed in new settings. Trained companion dogs for sale are instructed to work with individuals with mental health issues, including depression, PTSD, and anxiety.
Trained companion dogs can be used in many situations, such as:
- Helping people with learning difficulties
- Assisting in reading programs for children
- Bringing comfort to people recovering from a crisis
- Providing grief support during the loss of a loved one
- Supporting children and adults when giving statements and testimony in court
- Support medical professionals in providing mental and physical therapy to their clients
- Helping reduce anxiety in children and adults with dental phobias
If you’re planning to buy a trained dog, companion dogs are an excellent option for those who need extra comfort and a faithful furry friend. Sweet and calm, trained companion dogs will give unconditional love and acceptance to their owner.
2. How Trained Companion Dogs Can Help with Anxiety and Depression
Trained companion dogs have proven their effectiveness in assisting individuals with health issues.
Trained companion dogs for sale offer an array of mental benefits, including:
- Decrease in stress and anxiety, including that from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Decrease in depression, loneliness, and feelings of isolation
- Increase in spirit, self-esteem, and feeling of acceptance, enabling a patient to further participate in mental and physical therapy, to be more involved in group activities, and to accept social and emotional support
- Decrease in aggressive behaviors
- Increase in socialization with an outward focus, including opportunities for laughter and a sense of happiness and well-being
- Increase in mental stimulation, attention skills, and verbal interactions
In addition to the mental benefits of trained adult dogs, there are plenty of proven physical advantages when you buy a trained dog.
The physical benefits associated with trained companion dogs for sale include:
- Decrease in blood pressure
- Increase in the fitness level of the owner by providing stimulus for exercise, with improvement in activities in which they were limited
- Improvement in fine motor skills, standing balance, wheelchair, and other physical skills
- Decrease in heart rate
- Decrease in the stress hormone cortisol
- Increase in hormones associated with health and a feeling of well-being, including beta-endorphin, beta-phenylethylamine, dopamine, oxytocin, prolactin, and serotonin
- All of these benefits may result in a decrease in a person’s need for medications.
Whether you’re a business or organization that wants to offer comfort to a client or someone in need of a companion, trained companion dogs offer an all-around ability to improve the quality of life for everyone they meet.
If you’re interested in trained companion dogs for sale, visit our available dogs to get a feel for the exceptional canines at Rolling Meadows.
3. Why Are Trained Companion Dogs Worth the Investment
The trained companion dog is often a very well-trained and capable therapy dog trained to assist its owner with anxiety, fear, stress, or trauma-related problems.
Unlike some other types of dogs, trained companion dogs are not trained for the purpose of protection or to be aggressive towards people or other animals. Instead, trained companion dogs are trained to be affectionate, obedient, and loyal to their owner. Trained companion dogs spend time with their owner during difficult times because they enjoy the closeness of their relationship.
Trained companion dogs can make a difference in someone’s life by being there when that person needs support or comfort. Companion dogs know how to deal with their owner’s fears and anxieties, including medical conditions related to mental health issues. Trained adult dogs can provide emotional support until medical treatment is available or the person recovers from the incident that brought on their anxiety.
Another benefit? These dogs can sometimes help children get through difficult appointments or stressful situations by providing comfort and confidence throughout the entire process. Trained adult dogs bring comfort to their owners (and others) by simply being present during difficult or stressful times.
Contact Rolling Meadows with any questions about the trained companion dog application process.
4. Where to Find Trained Companion Dogs for Sale Near Me
Rolling Meadows Training Academy offers trained companion dogs that can assist in a wide range of situations and for different purposes. When we find a dog for clients, we take the utmost care in finding the perfect match for those who buy a trained dog.
Our trained companion dogs are expertly trained and ready to be tested for an AKC Urban CGC (similar to Canine Good Citizen). The test requires dogs to demonstrate CGC skills in a setting that includes traffic, crowds, noises, smells, and other distractions.
Rolling Meadows offers trained adult dogs that can navigate any public situation with good manners. Trained companion dogs or therapy dogs can benefit you and your community—they’re a valuable investment that will return in countless ways. Companion dogs can make a massive difference in the life of someone struggling with social anxieties or fears by simply being there and offering their support.
When you trust Rolling Meadows, you’ll invest in a trained companion dog that can bring you joy and comfort for years to come. Start an application for your trained companion dog today!